As the Augusta community continues to grow, we expect more events to come for the Summer. Some of us prefer to stay at home in Augusta while others prefer to travel to nearby cities such as: Charleston, Atlanta and Savannah. So to better help you plan your upcoming Summer with your friends or family, we have created an exhaustive list for you of all family functions this Summer in Augusta!
- Camp Kroc – One of Augusta’s best child camp centers. At Camp Kroc they will take care of your children all-day with lunches, swim lessons and field trips included!
- 8th Annual Papa Joe’s Banjo-B-Que Music Festival – Definitely an Augusta favorite in the well-known Evans Towne Park! Enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend with great music and (of course) great Bar-B-Q!
- Memorial Day Fireworks Show – A tradition for the Lake Olmstead stadium.
- Music in the Park – Every 3rd Thursday from May-July will be a free outdoors concert in North Augusta’s Maude Edenfield park!
- 5K Run/Walk for the Hills – Just your normal 5K in North Augusta!
- Walk Your Pet Hike – Some of you may have done this hike before at Phinizy Swamp in South Augusta. The next one isn’t until September so make sure to check it out!
- Summer Beach Blast – Why not bring Margaritaville to Evans, GA? Check out this family-friendly event Jimmy Buffett style!
- Outdoor Adventure Camp – Ever been to Riverside Camp in Evans? If not, you should definitely send your kiddos to this camp! Perfect for any outdoor enthusiast.
- Third Thursday at the Village – Live closer to Aiken? Not a problem! Every third Thursday the Village Shoppes Common in Woodside has local entertainment for you and your family!
- Rubber Duck Derby – Yes, this is a real event! You can race your rubber ducks (provided for you – check out the website!) down at the Savannah Rapids Pavillion.
- Family Lego Day – In case you didn’t know, the Diamond Lakes Library has been hosting Lego days for families to come and make animals, objects, or really anything that fits the theme for that year! They have multiple days in the Summer they host this event. Check it out here!
- Fort Gordon Pizza Bowl – Pizza and bowling….what could be better?
- Heroes on the Water Kayak Fishing – If you’re willing to make the drive out to Dearing, they have kayak fishing for all ages (plus: it’s for a good cause!)
- Greatest American Superhero 5K – A 5K where your kids can dress up as superheroes?! Why not? (And yes, you can dress up as a superhero too!)
- Race for the Fallen Glow Run – A glow run for a good cause? Sign me up!
- Paw Patrol Live! – Pretty much everyone’s kids love Paw Patrol. Why not take them to the live show for the best experience of their childhood?
- Fort Gordon’s Annual Independence Day Celebration – Of course, the best firework show in the CSRA for July 4th!
- Augusta’s Very Own Food Tours – Think you have ate literally EVERYWHERE in Augusta? Think again!
- Waterside Yoga – Free waterside yoga on Saturday mornings?! Who could pass up on that? Maybe leave the kiddos at home for this one though!
- Big Mo’s Drive-In Theatre – If you’re willing to make the 45 minute drive, the Big Mo is definitely an Augusta favorite! Check out this website for movies playing this Summer!
This is just some of the events going on in Augusta this Summer! The list is sure to grow as all of our kids are leaving school this week!
Also, if you’re thinking about making some serious changes this Summer…like moving….here are some listings for you!
55 Crystal Lake Drive North Augusta, South Carolina
4 Beds 3 Baths 2,196 SqFt
427 West Woodlawn Avenue North Augusta, South Carolina
3 Beds 2 Baths 1,296 SqFt